Follow these tips to keep you and your family safe during the winter months:
- Travel with extra blankets and clothes in case of an emergency.
- Consider postponing outdoor trips when the temperature dips below 20°F.
- Avoid travel during winter weather advisories and warnings.
- Test and replace batteries in your carbon monoxide detectors.
- Ensure your home is ready for snow-ins – maintain a 3-day supply of food, water, batteries, and first aid supplies. Plan for cooking without power.
- Dress in loose layers to stay warm, and favor fibers like wool over cotton.
Learn more by going to: www.nsc.org/home-safety/tools-resources/seasonal-safety/winter