This month’s slogan is sealants make sense. Sealants are a protective layer on the tooth’s chewing surface. This protection prevents cavities. Ask your child’s dentist if your child can benefit from sealants. School service may be available.
Healthy Dental Habits for Children
- Children should brush their teeth 2x per day.
- Children 3 years and older should use toothpaste with fluoride.
- Ensure your child uses a pea-size amount of toothpaste, and spits it out after brushing.
- Help your child brush so they can learn good brushing skills.
- Floss between teeth daily.
- Visit your dentist regularly to prevent and treat oral diseases.
Learn more about Dental Health at: www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/basics/childrens-oral-health/index.html